Our National Leadership Conference which is annually attended by over 200 women from across the country is the foundation of our leadership curriculum. Create Your Legacy is about establishing a significant influence through our actions and in everything we touch whether it be in the workplace, school, or our personal lives. This year’s conference theme encourages our participants to reflect, plan and act on the following questions:
- What impact and memories are we going to foster in our communities?
- How are we going to make this impact?
- When are we taking action?
- Where are we going to do it?
- Who is going to help us get there?
The following workshops are topic areas we believe are relative to the theme and would be beneficial to the attendees.
| Collegiate Track (Undergraduate Students)|| Alumnae Track|
| Timing your legacy|| Plan now, relax later (financial planning)|
| Tips for a better financial status|| Preparing for the end (will drafting)|
| Steps to a healthier you|| Mind, body and soul: Living a healthy life|
| Dressing for your legacy|| Onward & upward: Transitioning to graduate school|
| Women's health: Questions answered|| Career development part 1: Interviews|
| Sisters, Business and Love: Navigating the professional and personal|| Career development part 2: In the workplace|
| Branding your legacy|| Unlocking your potential (workplace leadership)|
| Perfecting your pitch|| Living the motto: "It's Not Four Years, It's for Life" Part 1: Chapter Development|
| Money matters: Chapter||Living the motto: "It's Not Four Years, It's for Life" Part 1: Service|
- The deadline for submission of proposals is December 9, 2015.
- Presentations that are clearly intended as a "sales pitch” for your product or service will not be considered.
- All fields in the Call for Presenter Application form must be completed.
- Sessions will be one (1) hour in length.
- Presentation rooms have a standard set up and will not be altered to suit individual presenter needs (ADA compliance notwithstanding).
- Individual presentations will be scheduled for Friday June 10th or Saturday June 11th. If selected to present please be prepared to present on either of these dates.
- You will receive confirmation of your submission via e-mail.
- Formal notification of acceptance will be e-mailed in January 2016.
- All presenters will be asked to provide an electronic version of their presentation no later than Wednesday, March 30, 2016.
- Complete all fields in the Call for Presenters Application form.
- Provide a concise 75-200 words or less description of your program. If selected to presented, this will be the description used in the conference program.
- Provide a 4 learning objectives of your presentation
- Provide a paragraph (brief bio) to be used at the introduction at your session and in the conference program.